Tuesday, February 5, 2013

THE ACQUAINTANCE WHOSE FRIENDSHIP WAS UNEXPECTEDLY CONSISTENT (EDITED W/INSERTS 5/31, 6/30, 12/2 & 12/3/2013 as well as 1/18, 3/24, 4/18 , 6/10, 8/6, 8/8 & 8/11/2014

Introduction:
When I left Barbados to pursue my studies in the U.S. on March 2, 1978, I left behind my Mother and other "family" relations, in addition to many childhood and other acquaintances, among them was an acquaintance who became a consistent “pen friend” over the years. Hers was a budding friendship and unlike the others she was not from Barbados but neighboring Trinidad. She is the former Carol E. Pilgrim, who had traveled to Barbados to study law at the Cave Hill campus of the University of the West Indies (UWI) and was staying across from my family’s residence on Chapel Street at a family acquaintance of hers, having arrived around 1976. This is a description about an acquaintance that became a consistent “pen friend” over the years, of my studies.

Here are the Background Details:
Carol was one of those who stopped by the family Chapel Street residence (to my surprise) to wish me well in my studies (see the below farewell memorabilia I kept from that day) as a fellow

 
student and I honestly did not expect her because ours was a budding friendship but I promised to write her and I did. However once my communication started she never let it stop in her ever so proper manner, who even commented at the time of my departure that I should have gone into legal studies. However, since we were both students in foreign countries we had much in common and we exchanged general details about our studies. Over the years, our friendship grew and she even visited New York on one occasion while I was staying in Hempstead and I had time only to visit with her at the airport, where I was taken by Mrs. Rawlins (the owner of 43 Sycamore Ave. who met Carol at that time). That incident turned out to be the event that thawed our pen friendship, which occurred on and around April 22, 1979 time frame, but for a time. While I am unfamiliar with how it was viewed from her perspective, it just did not have the same fervor as it did prior to the visit though it (the communication) never stopped, in all fairness . Nevertheless, I can say that while the intensity was there, it was always a joy to hear from Carol (pictured below) who had great penmanship and I can safely



I know my "consistent" friend is in a more Peaceful
Place at this time but her light still continues to shine
through the Pages of this Blog & those responsible for
her end will meet the same action that they subjected her to! 
say that she is one of the few individuals outside my immediately "family" who communicated with me at the two (2) main residences and the transition residence where I resided while studying in the U.S (see the below photo examples) and even though many of her letters were never received as documented in the text added to my late Mother's March 1979 letter included below, when I was married to the "free loader plant" in December 1982, I had no problem receiving a mail forwarded letter from her when I resided in New Haven, CT (see the entry from December 13, 1982 from the post  HOW THE RECORDING OF MY JOURNEY SAVED THE DAY (EDITED AND UPDATED)). I do believe that she even surprised my Mother by her attentiveness after my departure especially in the initial year, which was difficult for her as she adjusted



 




 
the word "...in..." should be "...a glimpse..."


This was a Holiday card from my consistent friend, Carol in December, 1980 

         (1)                                                                                              (2)


 

The above left letter (1) is from a very good acquaintance of mine who worked at the Bridgetown Port and with whom I struck up an long-standing friendship even after I left to pursue my studies, her name was Mrs. A. king. The letter to the right (2) was Mrs. S. Yearwood, a very close acquaintance of my Mother's whom I called a grandmother (of sorts), whose children (for the most part) had emigrated to England and this letter she wrote from there while visiting her children and family. She became close to me because I would visit with her since most of her children had emigrated and being alone I would visit with her to past the time on occasion.    

to not having me around as her (my Mother's) letters indicated. She was a very good written communicator who did not verbalize in the same manner as she wrote. This was a transition residence at, which I did not stay very long but long enough for those closest to me to communicate as the above examples depict, including Carol's - but in the process I gained the acquaintance Mr. Abelew's adopted Jamaican daughter, Denice, whom I even assisted with her registration for the Fall 1981 semester even after I was no longer residing there for her attendance at the Long Island University's Brooklyn campus to pursue her studies in the sciences, which I did on June 1, 1981, which she attended while working for consumer and medical products giant Johnson and Johnson (J & J) of New Brunswick, NJ. She is definitely a lady [assuming she and her other family members in New Jersey have not been caught up in a disaster of some type and/or herself (as well as the few others) replaced by others because apart from me who knew the original individual from 1980, there would be no other to really shed some light about who the real adopted daughter was. However, I am very curious when an individual formerly connected to the University of Iowa is now PLANTED on the Board of Directors of J & J (possibly a "free loader" type who was then installed at Michigan. If such (THE REPLACEMENT OF MR. ABELEW'S ADOPTED DAUGHTER) has occurred then the "coincidences" surrounding my anniversaries were no coincidences at all (as documented in the post ONE TOO MANY COINCIDENCES - THE FINALE UPDATED). As it turned out, Mr. Abelew finally gave up that weekday apartment in July 1981 in, which my assistance greatly contributed, in arranging for transportation for his belongings to their other residence in New Jersey, and in ensuring that the vacated apartment was handed over in a manner that was properly enacted and I did before turning over the keys and his termination note as I had earlier moved back to Hempstead in May of 1981.

To digress:
The larger issue is why should anyone be using my experiences/solid "foundations" to justify their presence In this country and conclude that just because they are "claiming" to be of a certain heritage (and/or "originals" as indicated in the Implications/Outcome section of the post WHAT STOPPED A CHAMPION - EDITED AND UPDATED) that they can abscond with what's mine EVEN WHILE SHOWING SCANT REGARD FOR EVEN FEDERALLY RECOGNIZED PROCESSES SUCH AS THE EIN AS DISCUSSED IN THE PREVIOUSLY MENTIONED POST INCLUDING THE FOOTNOTE (WHAT STOPPED A CHAMPION.... For additional details on these topics see the post UNMASKING THE TRUTH ABOUT GOD'S CHOSEN PEOPLE - UPDATED as well as the Here are Selected Examples for Consideration of the post AT PRICE AT WHAT PRICE LOYALTY - UPDATED AND AMENDED. The attempt to use my solid "foundation" to cover-up the actions that "entitled" types concluded they had the right to undertake on behalf of the many in this "Land of the Free and Home of the Brave" is a classic example of how everything that can go wrong in attempting to pull off such a masquerade, did regarding the obvious illegal practices that those of the "free loaders cause" and their supporters carried out and and wanted to "wrap" such around me (or use my solid "foundations") to make-up for what's lacking in their types who a) are in possession of only hog "manurestructures and b) are "without origins". For a greater detailed discussion on this subject, see the Here are Selected Examples for Consideration section of the post AT PRICE AT WHAT PRICE LOYALTY - UPDATED AND AMENDED referenced above. 
I should not have to be justifying my experiences just because "entitled" types made expedient, self-serving and arrogant decisions in matters they had no right attempting for the cause of what was considered to undetectable easy income generation that no one would ever discover because of the sheer stealth with, which this treasonable act was implemented. Those who are using my solid "foundation" to cover-up their own misdeeds should be, regardless of the status of their supporters and the numbers in their ranks. However, this state of affair is an indication of the size of the problem in addition to how very well entrenched and/or connected they are, as previously documented on the pages of this Blog in posts such as WHO REALLY WAS GRANTED THE FREEDOM TO SPEAK? as well as THE "FREE LOADERS CAUSE" "CREDIBILITY" THIS STORY IS NOW TOLD - UPDATED.

 To Resume:
Whatever, resulted in the pen friendship, loosing its "strength" after the indicated date, in retrospect, I now suspect that her attempt to "surprise" me at the time of the completion of my originally intended studies, (that turned out to be no surprise after all, to be discussed later) and she attempted to by her visit around the time of my graduation was to turnover a new "leaf" but it  was not to be. However, in looking back at the situation from the developments, since Carol was a very deliberate individual, it would very unlike her to undertake such a major action and not inform me, leaving the only other possibility, namely that the expedient Mrs. Rawlins most likely intercepted received a letter from Carol to me at her address (from, which I had moved to the Nostrand Ave, Brooklyn address), and discovered her visitation plans. However, rather than inform me of her plan and/or make it available to me (and reveal her true personality, she made sure that my schedule was completely occupied that entire day, thereby making sure that Carol and I would never connect on that graduation day as she had my day filled from the conclusion of the graduation exercise, through the early hours of the next day, via lunch in Manhasset initially and then spending time at her Sister's house, such that I did not return too Brooklyn until very late that night or early the next morning. In addition, on graduation day itself, (depending on when she arrived in the U.S.), my day was "taken over" by Mrs. Rawlins (who was the owner of 43 Sycamore Ave, my longtime Hempstead residence, very busy, after the graduation ceremony, which she attended as my guest. In addition, since I was changing direction and NOT RETURNING TO BARBADOS AT THE COMPLETION OF MY GRADUATION FROM TCI, BUT INSTEAD WAS CONTINUING ON WITH MY STUDIES AT PRATT TO COMPLETE MY UNDERGRADUATE REQUIREMENTS AS RECOMMENDED BY MY LECTURER, MR. ABELEW. Those are the events that did not go according to plan regarding my late dear friend Carolas the opportunity arose to complete my bachelor's degree and I chose to continue on and there isn't a spectacular event of recent years (or even "yester" year) that can alter this eventuality, no matter how much those of the "free loaders cause" and their "paid" supporters with their "questionable knowledge" of events about, which they are completely unfamiliar with, attempt to alter historical facts by their repetition of inaccurate words regardless of whose ("backyard", "corner", "street" or "underground" support such vindictive types have). That same letter from August 1980 pointed out that she just did not expect me to be continuing on with my studies in the USA because she herself had been visiting New York and was as close by to the Nostrand Ave residence as Flatbush Ave, Brooklyn but there was to be no chance encounter as she just didn't expect me to be in Brooklyn as she had attempted to reach me repeatedly at my former address via phone, without success (assuming that I had received her letter). What she did not say in that letter that she dropped off afterwards (probably disappointed), is why her visit coincided with my graduation time (just like the type of person she was, if it didn't work out she wasn't the type to mention it afterwards). She pointed out all her efforts in attempting to make contact first in the U.S. and then inquiring all around to mutual acquaintances for me in the Caribbean, without success and I was very close by she pointed out. This was just not meant to be at that time, however, after communicating with her home (in Trinidad) and discovering my waiting communication and its new address, she posted the above letter but she had no additional time to contact me but wrote as indicated in the above letter before leaving the U.S. as I don't believe my new address would have included a phone number for that transition address at that time (because I did not know how long I would be there). 
Carol inquired in the expected places but I was in a completely different location and there is no way she would have known to reach me at that Nostrand Ave address of my former late TCI lecturer who set things in motion with his offer for me to remain and complete my studies, (a decision about, which I have often wondered, why he assisted me, and I now do believe that he recognized my name's heritage and its possible links to Israel's third tribe, as well as indicative of the type of the type of institution TCI was at that time (as documented in the Footnote of the post THE CASE OF THE MISSING RECORDS (EDITED AND UPDATED W/INSERTS), but regardless, it was one of those "ordered" events, that just worked out at a point in an individual's life that can't be taken away, added to or duplicated regardless of who attempt to do so thirty (30) plus years later). However, once he did, all other needed arrangements fell into place over time, such as my Pratt acceptance as opposed to Brooklyn Polytechnic, cooperation from family members and eventually an extension of my study leave, etc.
To her credit, Carol did the expected but was unable to locate me after a determined attempt (for, which she cannot be faulted in her effort to be at my graduation in order in my opinion to convince me to return to Trinidad and reside there instead of Barbados, after the completion of my studies and it would have taken her presence there for me to consider such a change at the time of my initial graduation, but I was not in my Hempstead address as she expected or previous Brooklyn address). The period leading up to the conclusion of my TCI studies was one in, which events were unfolding in such a manner that I did not have time to communicate with anyone about my change in plans until I was sure myself about, which path was going to be followed. This apparently "out-of-control" (so to speak) manner is typically not my way of operating and why Carol was sure events were proceeding as scheduled. It can be said that even in an "out-of-control" sequence of events something was afoot, because the now attempted complete "whitewashing" of my identity by those of the "free loader's cause" types is being frustrated by "gaping holes" in the fictional stories concocted that the previously referenced post THE "FREE LOADERS CAUSE" "CREDIBILITY" THIS STORY IS NOW TOLD! so appropriately highlights due to the unplanned developments that took place.       
Carol's attempt to visit me in person on what she thought was going to be the completion of my studies and my return to Barbados (or Trinidad she was hoping if she made a personal appeal), in theory is what had been planned, but it just did not turn out as she had hoped because I was in the process of charting a completely different path than even I had envisioned. As far as my friendship with the consistent communicator is concerned, I cannot say with any certainty why it broke down but it did not withstand the test of time and our paths diverged, but in all honesty, my next year and final year of studies was definitely the most challenging as it was unscripted and eventually all the obstacles were successfully surmounted and with it as those "ordered" events work out. However, like most things in life, one cannot say with all certainty what would have occurred after the fact because in all developments there is a purpose! 

The Final Outcome:
On my visit to Trinidad in 2001, naturally I contacted her home and spoke to her Mother who to my surprise recognized who I was when I gave her my name because after all she had done to ease the pain in my late Mother's life after my departure, this was my way of saying thanks. Her Mother quickly told me that Carol was now married (as her name was now Pilgrim-Bristol) and I told her that all right because I was visiting with my entire family. When I finally got around to visiting with Carol she was elated to see me, that I could tell and did question why I visited Trinidad and not Barbados (but in reality my decision was a practical one in addition to it being the Country of residence of my consistent friend, as I was thinking about my eventual retirement and when I considered the two countries, it was more economical in Trinidad, when property values were taken into consideration). Therefore when my "family" in Barbados' behavior did not make sense and not knowing why, I did not have good answers to provide about my country of birth so I did not provide her with any significant answers because I had none to provide as my situation was complicated to put it mildly (difficult to explain especially since I myself did not have the answers because nothing made sense).
In addition, she now had twin boys by this time and they were a handful (to put it mildly) and we filled in each other on our careers up to that point as she was now the Corporate (legal) Secretary at one of the petroleum companies in her country, (which has plenty of petroleum reserves). We were supposed to get together on another occasion, but circumstances just did not avail themselves after that initial meeting and the phone calls made to her work place that I obtained from her mother. In any event, she was the one individual with whom I shared most of the developments of my studies over the years while we communicated because we had that as a common bond in our pen friendship from TCI and then at Pratt for me and UWI, Cave Hill for her. Would our situation had turned out differently it is difficult to say, but this much is true, we were good consistent communication sounding boards for each other at a time when we both shared a common link, which “united us”, the completing of courses of study far away from home at our choosing and I will remember her for that and it was for that reason why I chose to visit Trinidad in 2001 when all developments in the land of Birth and Country of residence made little sense including the miraculous escape on the eve of Trinidad visit from an even more perplexing and "questionable accident" in, which the rental vehicle was totaled, (see the post TYPICAL EXAMPLE OF REASONS FOR EXCLUDING LOCATIONS FROM CONSIDERATION). I did not inform her of that development because my being there was one of those "ordered" events and that was all that mattered; however, in retrospect, it can be said that I was not in the expected location even when she attempted to surprise me, because it was "intended" for me to eventually show up twenty years later and that was the meeting that was to be kept and not even the "staged accident" could keep me from disappointing my consistent acquaintance and friend, who is not a phony but in her prim and proper manner can make her opinions be known! She was a lady in the true sense of the word who does not believe in pretending for the cameras and would not do anything to betray a friendship by doing something expedient for her own self interest at another's expense. Carol would neither directly nor indirectly "sell out" another or attempt to achieve something that was not hers and I am proud and will always be, to call my endearing and "consistent" friend (and our greatest friendship was penned, which served to assist us while far from our respective homes). The reason for this is due to the fact that she like I made the commitment to complete the long and difficult work involved in carrying her studies in locations far away from our respective homes the "old fashioned way". (For example, in one of her letters she pointed out that over 40 students in her class had failed an important exam and she herself was beginning to become a little concerned, but ultimately she informed me that she was one of the few that did her assignment successfully) and she was relieved.

The Conclusion:
Those who have developed their skills over the years and have become remarkably accomplished in the fields of their chosen activity can adapt as needed to address the scenario in need of being confronted, because the basic foundation [that includes one's history, accomplishments, qualifications and identity/heritage, as documented in the post GARBAGE IN, (SWEET SMELLING ODORS), GARBAGE OUT - UPDATED]. is available, which in turn can be successful molded (or modified) as required to achieve the desired outcome regardless of the type of challenges ahead, (ex. such as depicted in the post THE QUESTION OF THE MONTH'S PREMISE - UPDATED). This type of approach, when implemented by those who use it, results in the type of approach to difficulties that refrains from allowing obstacles to be the focus of attention; but instead focuses on requisite solutions such as the potential assistance/benefit the efforts will bring about in the lives of those to whom its directed. Such an attitude, enables success to be achieved by reliance on ONE who greatly assists His chosen in rising to the occasion and following the desired pathway onward towards the goal, (or to put another way, attention is focused "squarely" on the objective at hand) and, which is clearly in sight. Courage and dependence on God to provide that, which is required as documented in comment # 1 from 6/28/2013 on the COMMENTS 2013 Page post, will work to achieve this outcome in spite of the conditions ("hindrances") documented in the post AMENDMENT TO THE QUESTION OF THE MONTH'S PREMISE - UPDATED.                    


 

No comments: