Tuesday, April 16, 2013

EXPEDIENT DECISION-MAKING, ALWAYS A MISTAKE (EDITED 4/17/2013 AND UPDATED 5/11 & 5/14/2013 as well as 1/21, 1/22, 2/15, 3/3 & 6/9/2014)! in addition to 9/1 & 10/2/2015

Introduction:
From my experiences, I have come to realize that taking the easy way is often filled with the types of problems and burdens, which are often classified as unintended consequences that are a result of decisions made either in haste or without regard for all the various ramifications involved in a given situation. Those seeking true direction will never find it on the pathway of expediency as this discussion on sound versus shallow decisions will reveal, please follow.

Here are the Details to Consider:
Last evening while going through overnight traveling an old bag in, which my Journal had been kept for many years, I discovered two pages that were lodged under a removable bottom and were in a crumpled state, stuck in this location unnoticed for sometime until last evening. After carefully unfolding and examining the pages with day/dates only but no years, after taking time to confirm the indicated dates; it has been found that without a doubt, they represent the years 1981 and 1984. This could only be possible in an environment where time was taken to record events as they actually occurred, not as I hoped they would have worked while engaged in some other useless and skill less activity and now hoping to achieve much without actually having undertaken the actual activities to obtain the desired outcome and after-the-fact attempting to do so on the “backs” of others as documented in the posts HOW THE RECORDING OF MY JOURNEY SAVED THE DAY as well as THE CHANGES THAT FOILED THE “BLACKOUT” .  Here are of the entries in summary form:

From September 29, 1981
  • I dropped off film to be developed at the photo store on my way to school especially for my Mother’s birth date, which was upcoming on October 13th.
  • Today was a late day for me as classes ended around 9:00 pm and I didn’t arrive home (43 Sycamore Ave, Hempstead, N.Y.) until 10:30 pm.
September 30th
  • My early class was canceled due to the Jewish holiday but I arrived later after purchasing cards including one for Althea Ward (whose apartment @ E. 9th Street in Brooklyn, N.Y. was my first residence in the U.S).
  • This was another late day for classes and I didn’t return home until around 10:45 pm.
October 1st
  • I had one class and the second was canceled so I returned home after first stopping at Hempstead library to obtain a film for my youth outreach activities.
October 2nd
  • I installed a phone in Mrs. Rawlins’ Laundry Room.
  • Celia called later about visiting for the weekend.
  • Mrs. Rawlins’ elderly father who could no longer live on his own was also living at her residence at this time as she took care of him (who was in his late eighties or early nineties). Mr. Livingston, I believe was from Guyana (and like Rep. Chisholm, Mrs. Rawlins’ mother was from Barbados, so they had that in common). He had emigrated to the U.S. many years earlier and met and married her (Mrs. Rawlins’ mother in this Country). As a result, I also got to pass the time with him and spent some time in conversation with him as well.
  • I called Althea to remember her birth date.
October 3rd
  • I Spoke to Celia by phone (probably about her planned week-end visit).
  • I conducted my youth outreach activities and later discussed some of the day’s highlights with Mrs. Rawlins on her return from work (as a nurse in an area hospital).
October 4th
  • Celia came by as planned (at Mrs. Rawlins’) shortly after breakfast and remained for most of the day and did not leave until around 6:00 pm. After seeing her safely on the train I returned home at, which time I noticed a suspicious looking “shadowy” individual lurking around Mrs. Rawlins’ residence and I began my studies while remaining vigilant until Mrs. Rawlins’ returned from work and by this time the individual had left.

From January 5th 1984
  • I returned from work (at CE where I was a contract Engineer) around 5:05 pm. And after dinner, spent time with Dejon who was “all wide-eyed and letting of a shrill of laughter, which was noticeable since he had never done anything of this magnitude before”.
  • Tax return preparation was started and later I fed Dejon before preparing my lunch/breakfast for the following day (to ensure that in the midst of my busy schedule, allocation of time was being set side for my daily journal recording, which was carried early in the morning, prior to leaving for work).
January 6th
  • I attended a major staff meeting at work (at CE), since being invited was very unusual by my Supervisor; Ken Rohde as a contract employee. However, he included me because the future direction of the Department was being discussed and he wanted me to be included in the discussions. On returning to the office it was around 3:45 pm and I left for the day and on my arrival home it was just around sunset.
January 7th
  • I attended worship and later conducted my youth outreach activities, during, which time a great deal of input was obtained from them (the youth) about their likes and dislikes to aid significantly in my activities planning.
  • I finally took the Xmas tree down.
January 8th
  • Dejon was now getting back on schedule to sleeping through the night for the 1st time since the Xmas holiday taken to visit my late Mother, Sister June, my late Uncle Chris, Aubrie/Pat & family (as well as others too numerous to mention while visiting) in Barbados and others to introduce them to Dejon, which had disrupted his sleeping habits considerably.  
  • I fed Dejon and later contacted other individuals carrying out similar youth outreach activities as I was for coordination purposes.
  • My Sister June called to obtain details about a misplaced letter so we spoke at length before calling it a night.
The Finale/Outcome:
The input included in the above summaries, documents the type of involvement I took in whatever undertaking I became involved with, whether seeing a friend safely on the train or spending the type of quality time with my young son to document and record details about his first development such as his first shrill laughter occurrence as well as taking the time to coordinate youth outreach activities with others for better coordination and planning for their cause. These developments show that expedient decision-making was not the direction I chose to follow as an individual.

Suppose instead of being the type to opt for sound decisions and instead had been unconcerned to the extent to have allowed my friend Celia to return home without concern for her safety completely unaware of the danger potentially lurking outside and she had been somehow become a victim of some action, this would have been a devastating development for me because it would always would have been viewed from the perspective, had I shown a little more concern, maybe the action would have been avoided.
Furthermore, had I not taken the time to involve myself in my young son’s development, but instead chose to subject him callously to a life of shameful, unpleasant, thoughtless activity, without concern for what or how he would be impacted, what would I have today to look back at except the potential problematic, complicated lifestyle I had subjected him to by choosing what was expedient over what was in his best interest. He was not subjected to a life, which would end up being “whatever works” in a foreign land for the cause of those who prey on the very, very young as a means of fulfillment, because more often than not, such individuals were themselves subjected to similar types of abuses in their young lives.
Just as I did not resort to expedient decision-making with regards others, neither did I do so in my own personal affairs, as my decision not to pursue citizenship in the Country of my residency demonstrated. The seriousness and overall implications of such a course of action led me not to treat such a serious matter with expediency as I did not then (when the matter was examined in 1991), know how to disavow all connection to my Country of birth and citizenship (regardless of how others treated me) and this decision is being re-examined in the light of all that has been realized, in all sincerity as documented on the Pages of this Blog for further action at the appropriate time. 
Having now realized the long-range planning that these "free loader" and "free loader-related" types and their well-connected supporters go too, to implement their objectives [as documented on the Pages of this Blog in post s such as THE ORIGINS OF "VIRTUAL" "TWO-FACED" IDENTITIES - UPDATED as well as in paragraph two (2) of the Here are the Background Details section of the post ISN'T TIME FOR A DIFFERENT FACE (EDITED)?] as realized about my former school classmate, Carl - now realized to be a "free-loader-related" "plant", (and really wondering if he really is from Jamaica as he claimed or in reality ENGLAND with a phony Jamaican accent) as those many so called Jamaican "stars" are really from and are just planted in Jamaica, the former "empire" favorite “dumping ground” for the placement of so called Jamaican “stars” to be used in the furtherance of their “free loaders cause”, while intentionally deceiving all about their real origins, to avoid detection especially since the Jamaican “accent” is so easy to mimic with little training (as is that of most Americans), the favorite locale for all those of the “free loaders cause” if possible, because of its income generating potentialI have often wondered especially of late, why my shy young friend Celia was never targeted by those "shadowy" types who were keeping track of my activities in the Land of my long-time residency,  [as documented in the discussion included with the photo of the etching on my camera included in the post THE CHANGES THAT FOILED THE BLACKOUT (UPDATED) in addition to the event associated with the entry for October 4, 1981 on this post], as all others were, which I do know now.
These developments would eventuality would make, Mrs. Rawlins's sudden appearance through her son's questioning and searching for his "roots" in Barbados, making contact with my dear Sister and ultimately me, simultaneously at the same time my school journey started highly questionable as well. Probably a "free loader-related" or more likely a "free loader sympathizer" type and showing how powerful, thoroughly entrenched, destructive and sinister this organization really is.       

The Conclusion:
Once headed down the path of expediency there is usually no turning back, because such decisions were based on doing what was popular (or what the polls dictated), as opposed to what’s considerate and in the best interest of those young lives entrusted to our care as well as others who we encounter along the way. When started on the path of expedient decision-making, what we should come to expect are unintended consequences of a magnitude that is often not easily addressed. As a result, instead of choosing a different path to remove ourselves from the perils of such circumstances we tend to “dig in”, creating bigger and bigger issues of such a complicated nature from, which escape is very unlikely, simply because sound decisions are not popular. As a matter of course, such are very difficult to implement because once set in a face-saving mode, there is usually not much alternative (in the opinion of those caught in such predicaments, even when viable solutions are made available, because doing what's in the best interest of those involved is sacrificed for doing what's expedient, which in turn is allowed to direct their decisions) and rather than opt for the pathway that leads to "higher ground" in their "fork in the road" situation (see the post WHAT IS YOUR FORK IN THE ROAD SITUATION TODAY?) the choice is made to proceed, never finding escape from the predicament in, which we are caught.
No individual has the right to play “god” in the life of any other, such as to determine what outcome another individual should be subjected to, as all should be allowed to determine their own path not what’s best for others to dictate in the lives of those who have been targeted as being nothing more than expendable “collateral damage” for the perpetual wealth-generating cause of a few. Even those with the best of intentions can’t take it upon themselves to attempt to manipulate the lives of another because such actions don’t involve treating others with thoughtful consideration and ultimately fairness. In the end, we would all prefer to be treated fairly, not expediently and such can ONLY take place when sound decisions are made instead of being considered as a lifeless ”pawn” to be moved around a board without respect for how such individuals lives may be impacted or whose lives are in turn effected as an outcome of some other thoughtless action implemented in the lives of individuals, and then we find ourselves faced with an ever expanding scope of actions because what we never considered came back to haunt us, (as we can never tell all the various intricacies involved in the lives of an individual furthermore entire families of individuals), often leading to calamitous circumstances as documented in the post "IS THERE A CONNECTION BETWEEN THE TARNISHINGS OF A FORMER TOP PROSECUTOR AND THE POWERFUL WAYS AND MEANS COMMITTEE CHAIRMAN?" in addition to THOSE WHO WOULD BE "god" - EDITED AND UPDATED as well as the "HOLDING BASE" DEDICATION (To Notable Individuals) that have all been added to the partial listing in the post WHEN SACRIFICING IS IMPLEMENTED BY DECREE - UPDATED.  

1 comment:

J_F_Brazant said...

Any effort undertaken should include the type of safeguards that will avoid the tendency to carry out expedient decision-making if an atmosphere of thoughtfulness in decisions carried out is demonstrated by example instead of "whatever works" (link on COMMENTS Page). Therefore, setting the example of what's expected, will yield significant results in the effort to hold others accountable for what in turn is expected of them. In addition, if a commitment is made to incorporate features such as: 1) openness with those involved in an effort, 2) frank discussion about challenges being faced in the effort, 3) taking the time to ensure that all involved in an effort are aware of clearly defined expectations, 4) if violations of the expectations policy occur, previously established measures are taken to demonstrate that the policy is to be taken seriously. In this environment, the tendency for such measures to "creep" into the decisions being made will be limited and ultimately addressed in the event that violations occur and 5) if and when examples of the potential for such issues to follow this path develop, a clearly defined mechanism must be already in place to encourage those involved to bring such issues to light to be addressed appropriately.